Friday, January 09, 2009

January 8th

Wow, what a crazy last few days! You got my little blog note on Wed afternoon. I had no idea we were having a baby that night. Around 9pm I started having some "cramps" that just kept getting worse and worse and it took Parks and me about two hours to finally turn the TV off and have a real conversation considering what we needed to get up and do in case this was real. It's a good thing we did... at 1:30 we finally went to the hospital. The "cramps" were clearly contractions by that point and I was in serious pain. I was 7cm when I was admitted and there was some scary talk of delivery before there was time for an epidural. I've never known panic like that and I was thanking God between while biting my pillow in pain when the anesthesiologist arrived. It was extra special because his little doctor hat (not sure what the technical name for those is) was burnt orange with a longhorn on it. I appreciated that and I was sure that you fellow longhorns will too. I am certain LK would have called him "the hook em guy". Anyway, all was well shortly after the epidural. The picture above was clearly after my visit with "the hook em guy". Anyway, we did end up waiting a while before delivery in order to get some penicillin in my system (because I am Group B positive for Strep) and she was born in the morning. So, here she is! Charlotte Elizabeth has been so sweet so far. I think she looks a lot like Lily Kate did but I'm sure she'll change a lot each day.


6 comments:

Becca said...

Hooray! there's my new little sweet'ums!

Marie said...

I cannot wait to meet her.

LuLaRoeMeg said...

Wow! Congrats! She is precious!

Stephanie Lanier said...

Another Carpenter girl for Oliver to have a crush on! It is going to be a rowdy summer! Love all of you.

Sherryaki said...

Congratulations!!! I am so sad I didn't find out till after you were out of the hospital. I wanted to come visit you guys! She's beautiful! Get ready to name your dowry because all our boys will be fighting over her!

cody ray charland said...

Awesome!