Sunday, December 05, 2010

Long Time no Post

It's been a while since we've posted. Since then we have given up on our old camera and bought a new one. I am thrilled with the shutter speed and now more determined than ever to get the elusive picture of both girls smiling together that I can't seem to achieve.

In the mean time we've gone to Houston for Thanksgiving (which was before we got the camera so I'm getting some pictures from my sister in law to post). Most days recently have been spent getting the house ready for Christmas, making curtains, wrangling the girls, and keeping them busy in this freezing weather.

On a side note, Charlotte is climbing out of her crib now. I've witnessed it once, she hoists herself onto the top bar, straddles it, slowly brings her legs to the outside and drops down. She has a plastic doorknob cover on the inside of her door so she can't get out by herself. This doesn't slow her down though because she just calls for Lily Kate who lets her out. At least 3 mornings this past week I have woken up to the girls playing in the living room together. All this to say I'm thinking we'll make the big move to a big girl bed in January and also the move to a shared room with Kate. I foresee total chaos at bedtime, at least for the first month. Lots of laughing and wrestling which inevitably turns into crying....not going to worry about that yet...for now I'll just think about the fun parts like fabric for the curtains that will match the twin bead spreads.

0 comments: