Sunday, January 09, 2011

Happy Birthday to Sweet Charlotte!

Saturday was Charlotte's Second birthday. She is trying out her independence in every form: hopping out of her bed, wanting to fasten her own carseat, get out of the car without help, walking alone in the grocery store, and the list goes on. This has been the season of, "No, no, I do it by-self!" She has started to try to negotiate before naps, "Can I just stay up, play a little bit?" She loves to play with Lily Kate, to dress up like a "pincess", to do puzzles, be read to, push her dolls in her stroller, & jump on her "shramp aline". She's a fiery one. She's not as much of a camera poser as Kate is, I can't get her to smile for the camera much, but here are some shots of the day.
I liked this one because one of Charlotte's signature expressions is the cupped hands over her mouth during laughs, when she's suprised, and here when she's saying, "wow". And Kate is showing her her very own Ariel doll that Kate got for her.

This is my attempt at a pink flower cake - at Charlotte's request

Pizza for dinner - another request. "Charlotte, for your birthday dinner, what kind of foo- "Pizza!" before I even finished my question.


This is how she spent most of the meal, one of the reasons why I am thankful for booth seating. Happy birthday Sweet Charlotte!

1 comments:

Patrick said...

Those pictures are super cute. Happy birthday Charlotte!