Friday, February 25, 2011

Conversations in the car

I spend a LOT of time in the car with the girls. Sometimes they read, often they sing, mostly we talk.

Yesterday
Kate: Mom, how come no one in our family is a movie star?
Me: Umm, well. We just aren't (I'm quick). I mean, we just have different jobs, that's not what God has us doing. Do you know what a movie star is?
Kate: Yea Mom, like Scooby Do, he's a movie star.... I think

The other day
Kate: Mom, I'm four now because I had my birthday but I don't feel four.
Me: You mean, you don't feel any older, like you still feel the same as when you were three?
Kate: Yea (lost in thought)

Today
Kate: Let's pretend I'm a visitor at your house.
Me: Ok, Hi, where are you visiting from
Kate: Oh, I live in Wilmington. Tell me about your garden at your house.
Me: It's pretty empty right now, I'm waiting for Spring to start, I planted some see -
Kate: (interrupting) Yea, (I guess I was boring) I won't be going back to my house for a long time, I'm really sad about that. I have some beautiful flowers at my house, I really miss them.
Me: Hey visitor, I don't even know your name
Kate: My name is Liz Carpenter
Me: Wow, that's my name
Kate: (sincerely) Hmm, you are going to need to get a new name.

He, he. Little nut.

2 comments:

Becca said...

So sassy! Patrick says it sounds like she's getting a little bit more silly.

Unknown said...

oh my goodness i miss you all so much