Friday, March 25, 2011

Charlotte's Prayer

I heard Charlotte pray for the first time last night. Parks has heard her once before because he puts her to bed but it was my first taste of that sweetness. We were about to eat and instead of asking Kate to pray, Parks asked Charlotte and she said,

"Sure, Thank you God for my mommy and my daddy....and my mommy and my daddy.... and the turtle and Sissy"

So, she's done and I said, "Good job, Charlotte umm....the turtle?" And she said in her sweet little high voice, "Oh yea, hi tiny little turtle." I followed her gaze down to her plate to one tiny piece of broccoli slaw that she had separated from the rest and put on the edge of her place and was gently touching and calling "turtle". Wow, she's special!

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

So cute. Happy birthday friend! Xoxo