Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Random....

Two random things I had to share....
- Parks and I have an HSA account for our health insurance and the years we have babies have become the best medical years for us. We have a big ole $5500 deductible and on the years we have babies we save up b/c we know we are going to have to fork over the total once the baby is born. Along with our giant deductible is the benefit that everything else we do after that is covered at 100%. So, the conclusion for us has been that in these baby years we can count on the fact that we are spending the entire $5500 (but not more than that) and do any medical thing that we want that year! We get massages (billed through a chiropractor), moles removed, etc. All this yada, yada, yada brings me to my current condition of raging third tri-mester heartburn. Today I called my Dr and asked if she could call me in something for the burn. She said it would be very expensive and I quickly assured her that I was up for it. So, this afternoon Parks picked up my pills and they cost a whopping $535!. Wow, this is the only instance in which I would pay that much for medecine that was for anything less than keeping me alive. Gotta love the perks of an HSA. I have high expectations that these pills will work.

- On a completely unrelated note. Tonight at dinner Lily Kate (age 4) says, "Hey Dad, when I get just a little bit bigger I'm going to get a phone and it's going to be purple and I'm going to send messages to my friends on it all day" You could see the fear on Parks' face as he saw the future of being a daddy of girls! He just kept saying, "a LOT bigger, a LOT bigger".

4 comments:

Where in the World are the Powells said...

Those are great stories! I sure do hope those burn pills work, mainly for your sake, but why in the world do heart burn meds cost $535??? That is CRAZY

Becca said...

So great.

I can't wait to see you and your belly!

The Coley Family said...

I'm not sure which is funnier, the unbelievable pill cost or the explanation of your HSA. I really, really hope they worked!

The Coley Family said...

I'm not sure which is funnier, the unbelievable pill cost or the explanation of your HSA. I really, really hope they worked!