Sunday, July 31, 2011

On the brink...

What I fun feeling to know that we'll be headed to the hospital to start the delivery of our newest little girl in just a few hours (I'll be calling in at 5am). I am reminded of being younger and lying in bed awake the night before the first day of school attempting to sleep or lying on a pallet with my cousins on Christmas Eve with excitement pumping through me. Tonight we are experiencing "Baby Eve" and it's exciting! I do imagine I'll be a little more apt to sleep this time when my head is on the pillow because I know that there will not be an abundance of that in the near future. It was a really sweet time putting Lily Kate to sleep tonight. From the perspective of a four year old we have been waiting and praying for this baby forEVER so she is absolutely thrilled about her arrival. We have asked God for His blessing over this day, over our baby's health and safety, over this adjustment for our girls. He will provide His best for our family and we are trusting Him. Baby day here we come!!

2 comments:

Jason and Katie said...

Hey! I am so excited for your family! I will be praying all day for you and checking your blog a billion times to see if you've updated. :) I can't wait to see what your babygirl looks like; you and Parks make such pretty babies! It seems like yesterday I was awwing over Lily Kate's baby pics. Can't wait to meet #3. love, katie

Stephanie Lanier said...

I can't wait to meet another sweet girl for me to spoil and love. See you at the hospital tomorrow!