Friday, September 09, 2011

Living it up in Pinehurst!

Parks was given a Blue Cross trip to Pinehurst this week.  Check out the Edward Scissor Hands style PINEHURST cut into the hedge.  From the moment we pulled in it was extravagance!  Isn't this place beautiful?  Look at Hadley all sprawled out on the bed.  She was also enjoying the extravagance.  I love how this shot looks like she just fell back onto the bed in delight. 

I had such a fun time.  I was given a manicure and a pedicure at the spa on property.  I spent one morning by the pool while Hadley slept.  Parks had lots of meetings, but he found some time to relax also.  
One of the fun extras we enjoyed was "cooking demonstration" from some of the chefs on property.  It was like being at an intimate cooking show.  They taught us how to make the dishes, they paired them with wine, and then (the best part) we ate them all.  Here's the dessert. 
And truly, my very favorite part was getting to spend so much time alone with Hadley.  I am thrilled about how much Kate and Charlotte love Hadley, but Parks and I loved not having to share her with anyone! While we were there she started smiling at us.  Parks and I were like first time parents, oohing and ahhing and taking tons of pictures.  Like a proud mama, I couldn't pick just one picture.




3 comments:

Becca said...

My heart is melting! What a joyful smile!

Where in the World are the Powells said...

I am so very glad yall got to get away! I know that it was wonderful for you to relax, and I can just imagine the sweet time you 3 got to share!

LuLaRoeMeg said...

It's official! You guys make the VERY CUTEST babies! Ok, God does, but hey!!!