Monday, October 24, 2011

Another Room Redo

This one is not as much of a "redo"as it is a "facelift".  Same face, just perked up a little :)  I have to preface this by saying that I'm not sure there is anyone out there interested in this but me.  I love me some decorating and rearranging.  I outfit almost all of my rooms in phases as I learn what I love and as I make "finds" here and there.  So, here is my "computer room/ second living space" before.  Desk on the left, sitting space on the right (and, not pictured, but usually kids art supplies all over the floor)
 Here is the subtle After.  I am learning that I love kelly green.  The skinny dresser in the back right was moved to the left of the desk and painted.  New desk chair and more green.  
 The chairs were repositioned to create more of a cozy spot.  Dad brought me these paintings that flank the window when he came this summer.  And Parks (my hero!) built the kiddos an art table.  No kids chairs yet but he has a lot on his to do list, so maybe in November.  
*Melissa, do you recognize your old breakfast table?  We used it as our breakfast table, then repurposed for the porch, now painted and cut down for the art table.  The thing has 9 lives!
 The curtains wouldn't photograph well with the sun coming through.  I have been wanting to add some gray to the room.  
 Here's Parks' hard work.  He cut the legs shorter, took the apron off, cut down the top and put the apron back on.  Good as new.  Now I want to find a fun way to display the kids' art.  

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Not sure if you'll like it, but as soon as I read this I thought of a pin that I keep seeing. Will send it your way...

Mama King said...

Wow! You have a great eye! Can you come to Fort Worth and decorate my house?

Meredith Akin King

Amber said...

There are a lot of ways to display kids' art on pinterest. I may have pinned some.