Saturday, April 28, 2012

Nothing New...

My mom was asking about the picture drought.  I'm not sure why there has been a lack.  I have learned that I can't seem to take any pictures unless Parks is with me or I only have one or two of the kids.  Because most of my days are spent just myself with the three of them I don't have many pictures of daily life.  It's not that it's always a zoo around here I just equate picture taking with leisure and there isn't much of that :) 
My great friend Kaci got married this past month and I directed her wedding & reception.  It was a wonderful evening in her family's yard.  The kids danced and ate a ton.  Kate shadowed me most of the night.  That girl is a wedding director in the making.  Really, an anything-director.  She has more of an eye for detail and a sharper memory than I do.  And I'm not too shabby.  
 Here is a happy moment before bed.  Bible time & story time is usually chaotic, so this moment is picture worthy in my opinion.  As a side note, when I was ten I was Pinocchio in a play and I wore these red felt "cheeks" held on by spirit gum and at the end of every weekend my cheeks would look just like Hadley's do in this picture.  Couldn't help it, I think of it every time I see this picture.  She is rosy cheeked and chunky.  
 And, in other news, we (mostly Parks) made a bird mask for Kate for preschool homework.  I think it looks a little like something I imagine them men from Papua New Guinea (where Parks grew up) wearing.  
Not much else is going on.  The weather is warmer and Sunday evenings at the beach are starting up again around here.  Parks is mole hunting and we are attempting to garden.  Hadley wants to crawl so badly.  She is very close.  I went in to her bedroom this morning and she was standing in her crib, so we'll see if that was a fluke or if there is more of that to come.  She consistently says "da da' when she see Parks (her clear favorite family member) but she also says it other times so the verdict is still out on whether or not she knows that's his name.  That's all we have, folks.  Going to try to take more pictures.  

We also bought a fun table on Craigs List that we are redoing so I'll do another one of my favorite before and after pics, this time of the breakfast room, in the next month.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I just love getting updates. MOM

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

this reference makes me happy.