Thursday, April 05, 2012

Oh the things they come up with....

I keep saying I'm going to post regularly with some of the things my kids say and think I'm going to start. Some of them are funny, some are hilarious, some are just sweet and leave me wanting to remember them at this age forever.....

  • Charlotte: Mom, what are we doing tonight?  Me: We are going to church Charlotte: Oh, I love church.  I love church and I love Sleeping Beauty.  Those are my two favorite things. 
  • (This one's for you, Margaret Lee, wish you still lived here!) Lily Kate: Mom, I picked this flower for you, but it's not from your garden where the purple flowers grow.  It's a weed from the place where Margaret Lee and I used to play stick fight.  You know where that is?  Me:  Of course you played stick fight with Margaret Lee  Lily Kate: What? Me: No, I don't know where that is.
  • Lily Kate made a new friend today in our gym's kids care then we saw her directly after we left at the park and they played together the whole time.  As we were leaving the park.... Lily Kate: Bye, Rebecca Rebecca: Bye Rachel.  I quickly looked at Kate and she had a sheepish grin on her face.  If you know her you know that "Rachel" is her favorite name.  It's the name of one of her dolls and the name she begged me to name Hadley.  I have witnessed her tell a neighbor that her name was Lily Kate, but that she could just call her Rachel.  I made her go and tell her new little friend that her name was Lily Kate.  We are going to see this kid on a regular basis.  The kid was confused but, like all 5 year olds, mentally moved on in 1 minute and ran off to play.  
That's today, we'll see what next week brings.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

oh man! rachel?!? that is hilarious! i think i'll laugh all day thinking about that... love the easter pics and all of you :)

Anonymous said...

Rachel! That is hilarious! I laughed so hard when I read that!!! Wrenn