Thursday, January 10, 2013

Chattanooga Christmas

We celebrated Christmas here this year and the day after we headed to Chattanooga to be with the Carpenters.  
Here is Patrick with Hadley and Conner.  Neither of them were too keen on their parents holding a different baby. So, Patrick juggled them both.  They are only 3 months apart. 
Baby bath time. 


We went to the Discovery Museum and all the kids lingered in the water exhibit for a long time.  The littles were just too cute in their long smocks.


I'm telling you, this kid's faces are priceless.



Conner can make some faces too.  Somehow 80% of the pics I have of him are like this,  enthusiastic!

Granmar & Parks


We also rode a local train.  It was really fun and different.  Here are Henry and Lily Kate.

Lane & Hadley

My favorite moment of our visit was this one.  A week or so before Christmas break Lily Kate came home from the school bus telling me that some of her friends told her that if you put a spoon under your pillow and wear your pajamas inside out that it will snow the next day.  She was really excited, convinced even that we could all have a snow day if we just let her do the experiment.  I changed the subject often and said we'd try later, hoping to avoid a disappointing next morning.  If you know LK, you know she didn't forget, you know she just asked me every single day until - while we were in Chattanooga - I said sure.  So, the next morning the kids all slept in and I walked down the quiet hallway by myself...  You know what's coming.  I looked out the window and it was snowing.  I felt like the adult in a movie who sees Santa and has a little secret moment of believing.  I ran to Kate's room and jumped on her in bed.  She was thrilled!  She woke up Charlotte, got all dressed in some of Lane's snow gear, and went to collect some.  Such a treat for that precious girl.  No one ever tell her that she wasn't solely responsible for that snow!


0 comments: