Monday, October 27, 2014

Hadley's Birthday Party

We had a great birthday party for Hadley at the arboretum.  Having it there may have been my smartest move yet.  I didn't need to prep my house at all (although I do love having people over!) and I didn't need to clean up when it was done.....and the place looked beautiful!  All of the kids painted flower pots, played and explored the arboretum, ate lunch, and then planted a flower in their pots at the end.  

Here is Hadley with MK, who lived with us for the summer - not nearly long enough!!



 Our dear Britt visiting with Hadley while she painted.  Hadley did not get up from the table AT ALL.  I'm serious, we brought her lunch to her while she continued to put layer after layer of paint on her pot.  
I'm thinking if I need a productive hour at home sometime I should sit Hadley down in the backyard with some paint and let her go to town.  

 Our friend Banner

The wonderful Bells, Charlie, Jason, Finn, & grandpa

Trista and Eleanor

Lily Kate and Henry.  She is never too far from him wherever we go.

 Hadley - still painting while everyone else has gone off to explore.

Hadley with her flower cupcakes

Ella and Lily Kate

Ford and Finn

Daddy and Haddy

And here is Super Parks planting flowers for the kids.  Seriously, one of my favorite birthday parties. 

0 comments: