Wednesday, September 08, 2010

PRE-SCHOOL!!!


Oh, the day has really come! The first day of pre-school felt like a big deal around here. Last night the four of us went to Chick Fil A for a celebratory dinner. We realized that it was kids night when we got there, which was really convenient because the clown gave the girls balloon hats and they made bead necklaces. It was a perfect celebration.

Yesterday we went up to school for about 30min to an open house for the kids to meet their teachers and check the place out. Kate had a blast, she didn't want to leave at all. Although, later when I was alone with her she said, "Mom, I want to stay little." I asked her what she meant and she said that she wanted to stay little so she could stay with Charlotte and me at home. It was sweet to see a little reluctance to leave me. She is so social and so confident, so I don't see that much from Lily Kate. We talked about Tuesdays and Thursdays still being special days at home. She will only be there 3 mornings a week and I think she will love it. She woke today up very excited. I laid her clothes out last night and this morning Parks suggested that she wear something different and she was beside herself. I think the extreme reaction was due to a little nerves :) He went with the original outfit. While I was brushing her teeth this morning she said, "Am I still just 3?" I think all this talk about being a "big girl" has her a little confused.

The girls road to school together and Parks followed in his own car. We listened to "Uptown Girl" on full blast and laughed a lot when Charlotte sang "naptime girl" loudly. Parks and I walked her in this morning and she was quiet but when Parks picked her up and she was her usual self, bounding with energy, talking the whole way home. I'm so proud of her. She is really growing up. She is very considerate and creative and a little more self controlled than she used to be :) Happy first day of school, Lily Kate!!


3 comments:

Becca said...

That picture of the two of them had me laughing out loud! Classic!

Whitney Herndon said...

Parks you look like such a grown up...we know its not true.
david & whit

ps.You have two of the cutest little girls...and I have the cutest little boys. hint hint.

The Coley Family said...

They're so cute. I love it when kids are Lily Kate's size and they're backpacks are as big as they are. That's so sweet. I can't wait to hear stories about school.