Sunday, September 26, 2010

stayCATION


Oh, Staycation, how I love thee....Friday around noon Parks and I packed up and drove the 4 or so miles down to Shell Island Resort at Wrightsville Beach. We only stayed until Sat afternoon but it was glorious. We lounged by the pool, we walked on the beach, we ate great food, sat in the hot tub, napped, all of the simple pleasures that you never know you love so much until you have toddlers. I love my children a little more every time I'm away from them. For me one night is perfect. Just long enough to really relax and focus on each other but by Sat afternoon I was telling Charlotte and Kate stories non stop and getting excited to see their faces. ......I'll miss you, staycation - who knows when you'll happen again.
Also, a poem should be written about our friends, Graham & Emily because they are the generous and brave souls who kept our kiddos. According to all parties a great time was had by all. Thanks, guys!

0 comments: