Monday, April 11, 2011

Master Bedroom Makeover

Really, this is a post to show off more of my hubbys handiwork, I am constantly amazed and what he can do in that garage of his. Here is our bedroom before, sorry about the blaring windows, I forgot to take "before" pictures and I was actually thankful to find that I had this one from a year or so ago. This is the bed that he made us for a wedding present. We weren't using the space well, lots' of it was empty and wasted.

...and AFTER. It's hard to tell but the room is shifted, the headboard of the new bed is on the left wall (from the above picture). The bookshelf in this picture is on the wall where the old headboard used to be. Make sense??

This is my favorite space in the room, we found this little down filled loveseat (with slipcovers - the only way to do white) at World Market on sale. I wasn't sure I would use a sitting area in my bedroom but I do ALL the time. It's such a peaceful, secluded reading spot (2 words that are almost foreign to this mom of little ones)

Nice little low-profile bookshelf that Parks made. I loved the end tables with turned bases that I found for bedside tables, but they left us in need of some practical storage space.

I really wish I had a "before" picture of the dresser. Parks stripped and stained it to match the headboard, bookshelf, etc. It used to be a honey color. It looks brand new, you would never know I bought it used when I got out of college. I love giving furniture a new life.

Well done, Parks, well done!

4 comments:

Becca said...

Looks so great Liz! Patrick recently said that yours is the only house he would trade ours for.

Unknown said...

oh WOW.

Sarah Carpenter said...

It all looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol ultram buy tramadol er - tramadol hcl opioid