Sunday, July 24, 2011

Gimmie a Break

Litterally....a break... so, yesterday I stepped (yes, just stepped) out my front door, lost my footing, and fell. All I can remember is thinking, "DON'T FALL ON YOUR STOMACH!" so I fell on my side and broke my fifth metatarsal in my left foot. Some of you with keen memories may be thinking, "I feel like she has done this before" and yes, you are right. About 2 years ago I fell on some steps, holding Charlotte, walking back from the mailbox. I concluded that this timing is actually somewhat practical. It's all in your perspective, right? We have family in town (and will have help here until Aug 10th). I'm not able to exercise, which would normally be very disappointing, but, let's be honest, this pregnant momma hasn't been doing anything active in over a month. And, I have a nice little hospital visit coming up where people will bring my meals right to my bed... we could almost call this convenient, right?!

4 comments:

Sarah Carpenter said...

Oh goodness! I will be praying for everything. I wish I could be there to help.

Rebecca said...

Ok, I was TOTALLY thinking, i swear i have read this before. It also made me think of your on campus spill where your shoe flew across the steps.

The Carpenters said...

Oh my gosh, I remember that. That was so dramatic and embarrassing. I can picture those 90s chunky sandals that always made me fall. Thanks for the memories :)

Osborne said...

ooooh, liz. i miss you so much.