Monday, August 22, 2011

Our Porch Makeover

Anyone who knows me knows I love a good room makeover. I forgot to take some before pics but I had these from last summer. Here is the porch looking out from the back door.
Once you step out on the porch, this is the view to the left.
Here's the after. This is the same view as the first picture. Notice Parks moved the door so the path through the porch doesn't cut through the living space. Larger table on the right (thank you, World Mkt end of season clearance) and a new, larger rug free of mildew that the last one had.
...and the real reason for the whole makeover. The porch bed! This thing is really great, I forsee some naps out here once the weather cools down.
So, there it is. Next step will be me making some more throw pillows on the porch bed (with a fabric that ties that blue in with the yellow) and some Craigs List chairs to replace the benches at the table. Hoping to find them mismatched & cheap and paint them all the same color. Can I paint chairs that marigold color from the pillow? Too loud?

4 comments:

Jason and Katie said...

Can you come makeover our apartment? I love your style Liz!

Where in the World are the Powells said...

That table is new right??? I LOVE IT!!!

The Carpenters said...

Yes, new table. Got it about 3 weeks ago at World Market on clearance. Parks said it was cheaper to buy it than to make a new one. Sold.

Whitney Herndon said...

Love it! I want to come and take a nap on that porch bed!
Thinking about you guys and Irene- stay safe!