Saturday, September 03, 2011

1 Month

Sept 1st (my mom's birthday) Hadley turned 1 month old. The days (and nights) are long but the weeks are short. If you're a parent you've heard the phrase. It couldn't be more true. This month has flown by and I can't remember half of it. Truth time - I felt a lot of anxiety about having 3 kids. Could I handle it without losing my patience/temper daily?? It has been hard, a juggling act with no breaks is what I would liken it to. I am always needed at all times. Really though, when I am alone with Hadley all the stress falls away. It is so therapeutic to hold a newborn. So innocent, so small, so helpless. I have been reminding myself that God likes us in the "I can't do this!" position. It reminds us that life is not about our ability, but about our relationship with Him. And now there are no days that go by where I forget that I need Him.

So, that's how I am. Hadley is tracking along nicely. Parks was calling her "fat & happy" for a while (she's up to 10lbs!) but recently switched to calling her "fat & gassy" - neither name will be allowed past 6months, she's a little lady for goodness sakes. Can't you just imagine her sisters trying revive those nicknames in middle school?! Her tummy has been giving her some trouble though and she spends a lot of time held close with us rubbing patting her stomach. Parks is predicting she will be our calm one. I won't predict, I'll just wait and see. Happy 1 month birthday, Hadley Marie, you sure are sweet and we sure do love you.


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ok, in all of our excitement in 6th grade about having (OMG) our birthdays within two days of each other, did we ever realize that your mom and my dad have the same bday? We are idiots if we never put that together.

The Carpenters said...

I never knew that - seems that we didn't actually think of anyone else in the world's birthday, just our own. We were so awesome :)

Rebecca said...

Yeah, that sounds about right.