Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Adventures in Texas

The day after Christmas my family went to Galveston for 3 nights.  It was a great trip, less than an hour away, beautiful weather, and lots of fun activities that Mom and Dad planned for us.  

Charlotte walking on the beach
 Aunt Carrie & Lily Kate basking in the sun :)
 Kate showing off her shell collection.  (Thanks for the shell bags, Leslie, they were a hit!)
 We went to the aquarium.  I took lots of pictures but almost all of them were blue from the lighting in there.  I got this one and one clear shot of all the penguins.  I think Hadley's cuter than the penguins.  
 We went on an evening walk through the lights at Moody Gardens.  
Kate, Scott, & Charlotte in Santa's sleigh
 Kate & Daddy
 Surprisingly, one of the most fun things we did was to ride the ferry off and back on the island.  The view from the top deck was beautiful and the dolphins were jumping there and back.  
Pop Pop & Charlotte
 Jack & Lily Kate
 Sweet Charlotte
 No trip to TX is complete without a trip to my Dad's favorite restaurant (where he and my mom eat every Friday night), Goode Co. Taqueria.
 We always have to throw coins in the fountain.  
 The last day we visited with my grandparents and had lunch at their hotel.  I can't believe I didn't get a picture with them in it.  
Here's Nona and Lily Kate
 Nona & Hadley
 All the cousins, Kate, Charlotte, Hadley, Jack, & Scott.  (He bought those goggles in Galveston and wore them the rest of the trip!)
Ahh, it was a good time.  Merry Christmas!

1 comments:

Osborne said...

Hah! Those goggles! Hilarious.