Saturday, January 21, 2012

Birthday ParTEA

Lily Kate and Charlotte both have January birthdays, 3 weeks apart. Traditionally we have taken the girls out to dinner on their individual birthdays and we do a combined party.  This year we chose a girly tea party. The girls woke Parks and me at 7:00 (not too bad) all dressed in their party attire, raring to go!  There was dancing and singing and what looked like an explosion of clothes.  Clearly, they were excited!



 Parks and I used our redirecting skills to get them excited about breakfast at Chick Fil A with Dad so I could put together the last minute stuff...and snap some pictures of the precious tea party details.  
Tissue paper flowers
 Fancy satin gloves


 Detail person that I am, I took lots of close ups and forgot to get a picture of the whole room with crepe paper hung from the chandelier to the corners of the room.  I put tissue paper flowers on the chandelier too.  I had way too much fun decorating the tea room.  
Parks and the girls came home and the girls got re-dressed.  

This is where I need to pause and say a huge THANKS to Grace and Stephanie.  They left their families of men and spent the whole morning with me, setting up, doing crafts with the girls, taking pictures, serving tea, even cleaning up.  I didn't even get a picture of Grace, she was probably getting stuff together.  
 Outside to welcome friends

 here come some...



 Once everyone arrived we split the girls into two groups and one half made fancy tea party hats.  

 Does it get any cuter than this, June ready for a garden party
 The second group made fans, adorned with jewels of course.


 Then the groups switched.  Once all the little ladies had hats and fans they were ready for tea time.  Grace and Stephanie and I waitressed.  The tea was punch, which the girls kept calling spicy.  I forget that 5 year olds don't drink a lot of ginger ale.  

They ate butterfly shaped PB&Js (with a flower shaped PB& nutella for Miss Kate who isn't a fan of jelly), clementines, pink dipped pretzels, and strawberry cupcakes.  Not the best picture of me but I had to document my tea party get up.  
 Time to sing to the birthday girls
 (the third candle is hiding, Charlotte turned 3 this month)
 ...and time to eat the cupcakes


A favor for the little ladies
It was so much fun.  All in time to put Charlotte & Hadley down for a nap and do come much-needed laying around!  I have a feeling this is only the first of many pink ruffly parties for this family.  

3 comments:

Sarah Carpenter said...

The pictures and party ideas are amazing. So precious. Great job Liz!

Jason and Katie said...

SO cute Liz! I love your girl's tutus and all your party details.

Amber said...

So much fun! What a blast. The girls look like so much fun!