Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Not cheap... Frugal

In the car on the way to a birthday party....

LK: Mom, you know those purple leggings I used to have?  I love them.
Me: Yep, they're Charlotte's now because you got too big for them.
LK: Will you buy me some new purple leggings?
Me: Sure, in fact, I want to buy you a couple new pairs of leggings.  I just need to wait until I find some on sale and then I'll get you some.
         ......quiet for a few minutes......
LK: Mom, do some people buy things when they're not on sale?
Me: Umm, sure some people do.
LK:  Why would they do that?
Me:  I don't know babe, I don't know.

3 comments:

LuLaRoeMeg said...

I LOVE that! Kids are so smart!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like 2 children I used to have. They always wondered if we could shop at normal stores. MOM

The Carpenters said...

I have such a vivid memory of being in 8th grade and telling someone I got a shirt at Marshalls and they said, "Marshall Fields?" and I just changed the subject. Now I'm thinking "why in the WORLD would I go to Marshall Fields when I can go to Marshalls!" Thanks, Mom!