Monday, February 13, 2012

Myrtle Beach for some Family Time!

Friday we picked the girls up from school and kept on driving south to Myrtle Beach to the Dunes Resort.  That place is a kid's dream come true!  There are 2 water parks in the base of the hotel towers.  There were water slides, a lazy river, a splash pad, & lots of hot tubs.  I wondered if the kids might get tired of being in the same place for 3 days in a row and the answer was NO - the kids did not get tired of anything or slow down the entire time.  This kind of family time has been so great for us to do periodically, to have no distractions from being together and enjoying each other.  There was lots of laughter as we ran in the freezing weather from tower to tower, lots of saying yes to things we normally say no to (candy at the gas station & movies in bed) lots of chlorine in my eyes on the water slide, and only a few over tired melt downs :)

 I was amazed (and only a little nervous) as I watched the girls climb the stairs by themselves to the water slide over and over and over....



SO MUCH FUN, but I will add that after this weekend away Parks and I are wanting a 24 hr period of rest :)

0 comments: