Saturday, February 04, 2012

Blankets from my Nana

In just a couple days it will have been a year since my Nana died.  I can't believe how fast the year has gone.  Before she was sick she made these fuzzy fleece blankets with tied fringed edges.  Shortly before she died she made one for Lily Kate and one for Charlotte (Hadley wasn't born yet).  I know it was my mom who actually tied all of the fringe while she sat with Nana and I imagine it was probably my mom and my aunt, Carrie who went to the store and chose the fabric.  But still, the bankets are from her.  And every time I look at them I think of her.  I see how ratty the big girls' blankets get so for now I put these 2 special blankets in Hadley's nursery.  Most evenings and many mornings I lay Hadley on the big bed in her room with one of her blankets and she chews the fringe and snuggles with it.  I miss my Nana and I am sad that she never got to meet my Hadley and that my Hadley never got to meet her.    My heart is thinking of my Nana this week.




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for that post. I really needed that. I will be with her this week also, if only in spirit. MOM